Kindle lost in Pattaya

Alles wat niet in een andere rubriek thuishoort of wat niet met Thailand te maken heeft.
Moderators: Chang, Patriot, Broom, Loempia
Plaats reactie
Bericht
Auteur
KindleLostInPattaya
komt net kijken
komt net kijken

Kindle lost in Pattaya

#1 Bericht door KindleLostInPattaya » donderdag 16 maart 2017, 08:55

Hey everyone

My and my boyfriend just came back from a trip to Thailand. Unfortunately he forgot his Kindle in the hostel we were staying when we were in Pattaya. They found it though, and they said they could send it to the Netherlands for 3500 THB which is more than half of what a new Kindle cost. They also said that we are welcome to come and pick it up. So I am posting this, in the hope that someone from the Netherlands will be visiting Pattaya in the near future, and would be willing to go and pick it up and bring it back. He really miss his Kindle, so it would be much appreciated.

Fingers crossed.

All the best to all of you!

Kind regards
Dennis
Laatst gewijzigd door KindleLostInPattaya op maandag 20 maart 2017, 08:58, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

Jim
Volwaardig lid
Volwaardig lid

Re: Kindle lost in Pattaya

#2 Bericht door Jim » donderdag 16 maart 2017, 10:22

Can't you make a claim on your travel insurance?

I for one would not bring stuff from a stranger on an airplane without opening it up and doing some extensive examination of the contents :mrgreen:
Als je het echt niet meer weet, dan brabbel je maar iets over de “deep state”

KindleLostInPattaya
komt net kijken
komt net kijken

#3 Bericht door KindleLostInPattaya » donderdag 16 maart 2017, 10:27

@Jim The price the insurance would cost would be quite low, since it's not brand new. Also, there is a self risk, so in total it would almost not be worth it. You have a point about bringing something from a stranger. I can identify myself of course, and even meet with whoever might offer his or her help.

- Dennis

hutspot
Zeer veel ervaring
Zeer veel ervaring

#4 Bericht door hutspot » donderdag 16 maart 2017, 10:41

KindleLostInPattaya schreef:@Jim The price the insurance would cost would be quite low, since it's not brand new. Also, there is a self risk, so in total it would almost not be worth it. You have a point about bringing something from a stranger. I can identify myself of course, and even meet with whoever might offer his or her help.

- Dennis
In Pattaya? :lol:

KindleLostInPattaya
komt net kijken
komt net kijken

#5 Bericht door KindleLostInPattaya » donderdag 16 maart 2017, 10:46

hutspot schreef:
KindleLostInPattaya schreef:@Jim The price the insurance would cost would be quite low, since it's not brand new. Also, there is a self risk, so in total it would almost not be worth it. You have a point about bringing something from a stranger. I can identify myself of course, and even meet with whoever might offer his or her help.

- Dennis
In Pattaya? :lol:
No in Amsterdam / the Netherlands. We live here and came back a few weeks ago. I was hoping to connect with someone that might be goind to Thailand or had a connection there that could send it back to NL for cheaper than the hostel offers to do.

KindleLostInPattaya
komt net kijken
komt net kijken

#6 Bericht door KindleLostInPattaya » maandag 20 maart 2017, 08:49

Nobody that happen to know someone who lives in Pattaya that can send a Kindle back to NL? :cry:

- Dennis

hutspot
Zeer veel ervaring
Zeer veel ervaring

#7 Bericht door hutspot » maandag 20 maart 2017, 08:54

KindleLostInPattaya schreef:Nobody that happen to know someone who lives in Pattaya that can send a Kindle back to NL? :cry:

- Dennis
Even sending back 'something' makes you liable as you have to register an international package..
Could be anything including drugs or a sophisticated bomb....

Get over it and ask or buy a new one for your birthday :D

Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Off Topic”